..what my friends called it when I told them I wanted to do these three things this year:
1. Pilates : to try all types of it (Done!)
I’ve been doing reformer Pilates religiously for the past two years. So at the beginning of this year, I challenged myself to explore other forms of Pilates. Now that we're halfway through the year, I've already ticked off most of my wishlist: hot mat, tower, chair, cadillac, and even barre classes. Mission accomplished. Of course, once I completed the list, I had to level up the challenge. My next goal? Try Pilates overseas.
2. Freedive (Booked a class!)
This one is a little outside my comfort zone. To be honest, I'm not even sure if I can do it, but I've booked myself into a beginner's class and I'm determined to give it a shot. *Fingers crossed*
3. Hyrox (still analysing…)
HYROX wasn't even on my radar at the start of the year. Lately, though, I've been looking for a new challenge because, as much as I love Pilates, it's starting to feel a little too familiar. Earlier on, a friend suggested Hyrox to me and i just brush it off saying that naah its not my thing. Then, out of nowhere, they announced that HYROX is coming to Malaysia this year. So harus FOMO. Plus, i am joining strength gym class now. If I manage to secure a place, I'm taking that as my sign. Maybe that's my next adventure. I can finally make use all my running shoes that I overbought-but-underused for the run training. Going to my first Hyrox class next week!!!!!! Scared but excited.
My friends call this my "midlife crisis era."
I prefer to think of it as my wellness era.
No comments:
Post a Comment