People always say, "Count your blessings".
I agree.
But lately, I've been thinking..maybe I should count my sufferings too (i have plenty of it).
Because of this ayat:
1. "If you are grateful, I am surely will surely increase you (in favour)" - Surah Ibrahim 14:7
Every blessings no matter how small it is, it is a gift from Him. Gratitude brings you barakah, peace.
2. "Do people think that they will be left to say, "We Believe" and they will not be tested? - Surah Al 'Ankabut 29:2
The duniya is a test and Jannah is the reward for the believer. Every hardship is a test and every moment of sabr and redha is never wasted, it will be rewarded.
I've been trying to change the way I make dua. Instead of spending most of it asking Allah what I desire in this dunia as well as akhirah, I spend more of thanking Him for what He has given me.
And when life hurts, instead of asking "Why me?", I want to remind myself that this is another reward being prepared for me. As Dr Imam said, think of it as a deferred payment that I can claim in akhirah. InshaAllah. All I have to do is walking with sabr, accept with redha, trust that Allah never let a single tear, disappointment or an ounce of hardship go to waste.
Perhaps not every blessing is meant to come in this life. But simply being saved for Jannah.
So now, I count both my blessings and sufferings.
Because both are signs that Allah is taking care of me, just in different ways.
:)
0 comments:
Post a Comment